BatamEkbiz.com – Buluh Island is one of the island of Batam Island having a long historical records and becoming an integral part of the series of the historical development of Batam Island. The following is the historical tracks that you can trace when you are visiting the island of the west coast of Batam Island.
Shaft with a depth of seven meters representing the old archaeology site of which it still can be detected the trail on the historic island, Buluh Island. This archaeology site has a diameter of 1.5 meters, on the lower part of it grows bryophytes and grasses such kind of alga. Made of bricks compilation labeled BATAM, a well-known production of a factory in Asia namely Batam Brick Works constructed by King Ali Kelana on 26 July 1896.
All parts of the shaft made of bricks using adhesive substance of limenstone functioning like cement. On its wall to a thick of 6 centimeters found fragments of the porcelain ring which still shine if it is cleaned up. Clearly seen that the year of it was made 1911 on the wall of that inner shaft. This shaft is in the yard of SMU 11 Buluh Island of which it was ex Tionghoa School previously namely Kong Lip Muk. Based on the information from the old and experienced men in the villages of this island, this well made by King Ja’far together with his consanguinities ever stopped in Buluh before leaving for Malacca.
Sacred Cemetery Puding
Situated in the yard of Masjid Jami’ Nurul Iman. This cemetery has been renovated of the roof and fence typically Malay. The gravestone covered with fabric colored yellow. It is not found any inscription to know who was buried in this grave. The communities of Buluh Island called it Sacred Cemetery Puding, because of formerly found trees called puding (croton plant) grew around the cemetery has already been since 1880s.
Some communities outside the island probably know the history of this cemetery of which they often visited it on a certain time. But the communities of Buluh Island themselves admit that they never consider sacred this cemetery. It is only because of regarded having a historical value, this grave treated well and the gravestone covered with yellow fabric. Around the Sacred Cemetery Puding, found some other graves seems they are not specialized (no fence and roof).
The Old Mosque Jami’ Nurul Iman
From the information of the surrounding communities, this prayer of house Moslem communities predicted constructed in 1872. The problem is, until now it has not been found the literature to make sure who was the person constructed this mosque. The original construction of this mosque truly is not so visible. But if it is seen more detail, this mosque left two main poles supporting the domes of which their conditions are still original. Made of wood, each of the having a diameter of more or less 40 centimeters.
Uniquely, this mosque has two domes. The first one is the new construction while the other one maintaining the original shape of which at a glance similar with the Mosque of Sultan Riau Penyengat Island (1832 M). At the old dome, the conspicuous change is only its roof changed becoming iron sheeting. While the shape and construction remains like as usual.
Office of District van batam
The Dutch era in Indonesia, Buluh Island was a strategic traffic lane of vessels from Singapore to Bintan Island. For that reason, the Dutch Government stipulated Buluh Island as a central administration of District van Batam. On thid island then costructed an office the same level Sub-district ruled by Amir.
The office condition of District van Batam currently is not seen visibly in case of the original shape because it has been renovated for several times. Currently, it is made as a place for studying for kindengarten students of TK Temenggung Abdul Jamal. The original construction itself made of two units of typical building having the architecture of Dutch, constructed by using bricks branded “Batam” manufactured by Batam Brick Works
Elementary School (Volkschool) Buluh Island
Elementary School in the Dutch era or often called Volkschool ever stood on Buluh Island, there is archaeology site or ruins which can be found, because at this location has stood SDN 001 Buluh Island. It seems that if it is observed from the historical perspective, SDN 001 is the oldest elementary school in the region of Batam City currently. Predicted that it has already been since 1880.
Baca juga: The Great Mosque Batam
According to the information from a number of the old and experienced men of Buluh Island, this Volkschool stood completely until the era of Japan occupation. Since the independence of Indonesia, its name changed becoming an Elementary School. There is no manuscript explaining the condition of the school in its era, but some the old and experienced men of Buluh Island admit that they ever attented this school after the name of the school changed becoming Elementary School.
Toa Pekong Buluh Island
This prayer house Toa Pekong predicted that it has already been since 1880s. Before renovated the original building was only having a size of 35 M2. Some ornaments and design on the roof does not experience any change of shape but it is believed that it’s only as the replica. Change has been made becoming 15 x 30 M and currently named Vihara Samudra Bhakti.
Inside the vihara found stalk of rocks let as they were. At the sides of the building grow almond trees aged hundreds of years. This Vihara located at the seaside, has it own pier and also found kind of relaxation place for the visitors of vihara.
On the Island of Buluh, you can also trace the old buildings since it was constructed tens of years ago, up till now its condition does not experience any significant renovation alias still intact maintaining the original shape. The example is a shopping complex (market), namely Toko Bahagia. Toko Bahagia constructed in 1920s by a rich large-scale merchant namely Tan Lu Tze. This market supplies almost all of the basic needs for the communities of the surrounding islands.
Other building is a house to stay belongs to the familly of Tan Tak Seng. The occupants admit that they are as the fifth generation from the ancestors firstly constructing that house. Predicted that the house has already been since 1920. Its roofs made of iron sheeting and they never changed it at all. The building itself made up of two floors like a three doors store. Then it is not far from that found a house belongs to Pai Huan Family, predicted constructed in 1930s. Its roof like a cone made of thick iron sheeting. On the upper of the front wall found a crossed profile constitutes the typical house of Malay. Currently the house occupied by Pai Huan family the descendants of the house owner. (re)